So if you are the type of person who wants to see new sights, visit new places, try new things and experience new cultures but might need a bit of help & support along the way, then you are a perfect fit for a WanderRock trip.
Our trips aren't designed to put you in luxury hotels and have you gaze upon large buildings and monuments from an air conditioned bus. Whenever possible, we experience the local culture as the locals do.
With a deep focus on new experiences, and an equally deep focus on deep restorative self care, you'll not only have the opportunity to do things you never thought you'd have the chance to do, but you'll gain the skills to not be overwhelmed while doing it.
To join us on a WanderRock trip you must be:
- Willing & excited to travel.
- Able to fully self-manage any medications you need to take.
- Able to follow navigation directions when given (such as "Meet downstairs at 5 PM" not "Walk across this town you've never been to").
- Flexible & able to adjust to last minute itinerary changes (travel can be unpredictable at times).
- In the "Young Adult" age bracket. (20's and early 30's. As our trips fill we make sure that all travelers have at least 1 person within a few years of them. Spring and summer tend to skew younger. Fall & winter tend to skew older.)
- Not in need of ongoing therapeutic mental health services (We aren't therapists or doctors).
- Able to walk continuously for 40 minutes without stopping to rest or sitting down.
- Willing to try new foods (There will be a wide variety of food options available in most locations, but occasionally there might be a very limited menu offered. Check your trip itinerary for details.)